How To Turn Desires into Gold
I want to share with you an excerpt from the book Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Using the link here, you can purchase a copy of the book on Amazon. I highly recommend picking up a physical copy of this book. However, if you click the button down below, you can get a free copy of the digital book.
Let’s get right into how to turn desires into gold.
1) Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount.
2) Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.”)
3) Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
4) Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5) Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6) Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read – see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
It is important that you follow the instructions described in these six steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the instructions in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of money” before you actually have it.
Here is where a burning desire will come to your aid. If you truly desire money so keenly that you desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you convince yourself you will have it.
The process that is listed above seems to simple, which is why so many people don’t follow through with it. Instead of putting in the time to write out their own specific goals and follow these 6 steps, they’ll just keep doing things the way they always have done things.
But, if you want to truly change your life it’s recommended to put aside the ego and follow the steps laid out for us by people who have done what they are teaching. People like Napoleon Hill who dedicated his life to understanding how to become wealthy.
My challenge for you is to actually follow through with this activity, and to give it a minimum of 30 days with doing step 6. It’s going to be hard. You’re not going to want to do it and you might feel like a weirdo when you’re doing it. But, put aside your self-talk and give this a shot. I’m willing to bet that your life will never be the same after that 30 days.
Now what I want you to do is comment below “I’m in” if you’re going to give this a shot. If you say “I’m in”, you are committing to trying this for at least 30 days. This is a public accountability check for you and once you commit, you should follow through with it.