How are you keeping in touch with your current customer base?
If you are a business owner and aren’t currently collecting e-mail addresses of your customers, you need to start collecting them today. The reason for this is simple, it’s cheaper to send an e-mail than it is to mail out a direct mail piece. It’s also cheaper to bring an existing client into your business than it is to acquire a new customer. The average cost of acquiring a new customer (through things like Direct Mail, Yellow Page advertising, TV ads, Radio ads, etc) is said to be 6 times more than it costs to bring an existing client into your business.
One secret to saving money in your business is to use e-mail marketing to keep in contact with your customers. I’m also going to provide you with some basic tips to using e-mail marketing to make more money from your existing customers.
The first step is signing up for an e-mail management system. The one that I recommend is AWeber because i’ve tested a few and it’s been the best for me for the price. It’s only $19 a month, compare that to a TV or radio ad and tell me that this costs you too much! So head over to AWeber and sign up for an e-mail account. After you do that, come back here and i’ll help you get started.
How To Get E-mail Addresses:
- Put a piece of paper or notebook next to your counter and tell everyone who comes in to sign up for your newsletter so that they can receive discounts and deals when your store has them
- Have people write their name on a piece of paper or turn in their business card into a fish bowl. Offer a 50% off sale or a free product to someone each month. You’ll draw their name out of the fish-bowl and either e-mail them or call them to let them know that they’ve won.
- Add a capture page on your blog such as Pop-Up Domination which will pop up(you probably saw it happen on my blog) and this adds people to your e-mail list on AWeber
- Go to networking events and meet people, let them know that you have deals for all your e-mail subscribers and if they tell you they want in, get their business card and add them to your list.
- Remember to ASK FOR THEIR E-MAIL! People will be glad to give you their email if you are giving them value in your e-mails, either through deals or through valuable information.
Getting e-mail addresses also allows you to set up an auto-responder series. What this means is that you can create a series of videos or e-mails that educates your prospective customer about why your product is superior to others and how it will help the customer. It typically takes 7 e-mails to make a sale and by developing a relationship by providing valuable information to these prospective customers, you’ll notice that people are actually thrilled that you are educating them prior to selling them something. Now tell me that isn’t cool?
You can get started today by signing up for your AWeber account, getting a FREE Blog and Setting up Pop-Up Domination on your blog. If you purchase all three from my affiliate links, I will actually help you set up your first auto-responder series to help you make more money from your clients.
All you need to do is buy:
and send me the receipt from all of them to [email protected] and i’ll gladly help you set up your first auto-responder and give you an hour consultation for free.